Voting

Friday, March 4, 2011

Bella's Flutter Sleeve Dress

For my birthday last year Dave gave me some cash so I could go on a little "retreat" by myself. I finally went at the end of January this year. It was so great!! I almost didn't want to come home. I went to Salt Lake and stayed in a hotel. I took my sewing machine and a quilt I started when Sam was born. The quilt is for my bed and I was almost able to finish sewing all the blocks together, one of these day's I might actually finish it.

The funnest thing I did was go to Gardner Village for the first time. It was so great! At first I was kind of sad because I thought how much fun it would have been to come with my mom, she would have really enjoyed "window shopping". But then I found the quilt shop, and I spent the next hour and a half in a daze as I wondered around. I finally decided on a cute top and purse to make for Bella. I had a lot of fun picking out the fabric for it. The quilt shop is called Pine Needles. In addition to quilt fabric, they also sell stitchery.

front of Bella's top
This pattern is called "Such a Girl" SASH-1023 it is a Little Londyn Pattern from Two Sisters at Squirrel Hollow. Their website is http://www.twosashquilts.com/ They have other cute patterns, but this is my favorite.


back

matching bag


Bella in top I made for her. She has leggings to go with it, but likes to where it without. Crazy girl thinks it is summer. She loves wearing swimming suits and little dresses.

Bella 2 1/2

2 comments:

orhedricks said...

Wow she looks so much like you! Beautiful. Love the dress. Glad you had fun on your retreat.

The Mom said...

She is so beautiful. I can't believe how many 'Goosies there are that I haven't met. I am sure your mom is so proud! You are just like her.